cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2 or more L3out (BGP routing) in one Border leaf SW

antienho
Level 1
Level 1

is there a way to configure different L3out in same border leaf? All the document use tow different L3out in tow different border leaf. 

I had a lab setup 2 different L2out with BGP to as ACI transit setup (with BGP peering). But I have trouble to add a third leg!!

The error message is:

topology/pod-1/node-202/local/svc-policyelem-id-0/uni/epp/rtd-[uni/tn-T_rocketsoft/out-T_rocketsoft_L3Out_FTD2/instP-T_rocketsoft_FTD2_ext_net]/nwissues

Fault delegate: Configuration failed for uni/tn-T_rocketsoft/out-T_rocketsoft_L3Out_FTD2/instP-T_rocketsoft_FTD2_ext_net due to VRF Not Present, debug message:

I try to add it into VRF but it just complains that I cannot add the third leg.

Thanks

Antien

4 Replies 4

Jayesh Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Antienho,

Seems like people here need more details regarding your query. Can you please elaborate and describe the problem here?

In general, multiple L3 outs are supported on one border leaf. You can also have multiple BGP peerings over L3 out via same border leaf.

Regards,

Jayesh

Hi Jaysh,

Thank you for your response. I read that ACI did support multiple connections to the same VRF. Just that I can not configure it.

Here are the diagram and some explanations.

Thanks for the details Antienho.

Fault description shows VRF not present error. Can you please share the fault code?

Also, the router ID for a node(in your case node 202) should be same for all L3 outs within the same VRF, just confirm whether you have same router ID configured in both L3 outs.

Regards,

Jayesh

Based on the error message I'd guess that the VRF configuration in the L3Out is wrong. The configuration for the working and not-working L3Out would be helpful.

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License