Views
Helpful
Replies

Accessing one-armed PBR node via the PBR interface

tuanquangnguyen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi community,

Recently deployed an FTD pair in one-armed mode. Despite pingable from the service leaf, and the BD associated with the L3out with its subnet Advertised Externally, when I tried to ping from outside of the L3out to the PBR node it's inaccessible.

That'sreally fine for FTD since it's managed via another interface. Now I'm about to migrate a CheckPoint from the old network, after that there would only be one sub-interface left on the CheckPoint. Would there be anyway that I can access the CheckPoint for management in this topology?

Thanksa lot.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @tuanquangnguyen 

Is the L3Out consumer/provider of the SG? If yes, do you have "Direct Connect" option enabled? This setting, when enabled in the service graph, enables communication (individually):

• from the consumer EPG to the consumer connector of the PBR node
  • from the provider EPG to the provider connector of the PBR node

For additional details about this option can be found in the ACI PBR white paper: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/collateral/data-center-virtualization/application-centric-infrastructure/white-paper-c11-739971.html 

Regards,

Sergiu

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @tuanquangnguyen 

Is the L3Out consumer/provider of the SG? If yes, do you have "Direct Connect" option enabled? This setting, when enabled in the service graph, enables communication (individually):

• from the consumer EPG to the consumer connector of the PBR node
  • from the provider EPG to the provider connector of the PBR node

For additional details about this option can be found in the ACI PBR white paper: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/collateral/data-center-virtualization/application-centric-infrastructure/white-paper-c11-739971.html 

Regards,

Sergiu

That did the trick.

Thanks for your help @Sergiu.Daniluk

With pleasure! Happy to hear that it's all good now ^_^

Cheers,

Sergiu

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License