cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI 2 Factor Authentication with DUO

bill.greenwood
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to configure two factor authentication for the APIC?  If so can someone provide me a link to the documentation.

9 Replies 9

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Bill,

2factor auth isn't supported yet.   It's coming out with ACI 4.0 which is doing out in a couple months tentatively.

Robert

Hi all

I can read in the slides from Barcelona that the 2 factor authentication should be possible now, also with Google Authenticator. Does someone has a link to a document which tells me how this can be configured in ACI 4.0?

Thank you

Markus

Duo is not supported.  You can find some details on the feature in the Security Guide:  https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/aci/apic/sw/2-x/Security_config/b_Cisco_APIC_Security_Configuration_Guide.html

Robert

Hi Robert

Thank you for your reply. I also found this document, but it applies to the release 3.x and earlier. Does such as a document also exists for the release 4.x? And what is with the Google Authenticator, would that one work instead of the Duo?

The jpg I referred to Barcelona I attached it here, so based on this there should be a 2 factor authentication be possible since the release 3.x?

Thank you

Markus

I haven't heard much on Google Auth myself, but let me chase both these items up and get back to you.  Might need a couple days as the US is on holiday today, but I'll update this thread as soon as I have details.

Robert

Hi Robert

I just want to ask if you got any feedback from the tech guys about the 2nd factor authentication and if this would be possible with Goolge Authenticator or then another product?

Thank you

Markus

Dear Robert

Did you already got a feedback from the tech guys regarding this dual factor authentication option with DUO for ACI?

Thank you

Markus

Markus,

This is tentatively targeted for the 4.2 release before the end of the year.  If anything changes, I'll update the thread.

Robert

Thanks Robert for this helpful information. I then will wait for the new release.

Thank you

Markus

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License