Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI and PIM configuration

Daniel Blanco
Level 1
Level 1

Good Morning,

We are trying to configure PIM inside fabric (without external L3 itcx), but doesn´t work. We have deployed 4.0(3d) release and we have seen PIM with static RP is supported from this version.  Have somebody configured it sometime ?

Thank you very much !!

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Cisco Live. Multicast in the ACI fabric - BRKACI-2608

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

6askorobogatov
Level 1
Level 1

We have multicast feed sources, subscribers and RP all in fabric, including source and subscribes in different tenant / VRFs.  Works as expected.  ACI v 4.2.1g 

Hi,

Thank you very much for your response. I know multicast PIM is supported and inter-VRF also. I´ve asked Cisco and they have confirmed that is mandatory configure L3Out with Loopback into multicast domain inside the fabric. My question is about know how configure it step by step.

Regards,

Cisco Live. Multicast in the ACI fabric - BRKACI-2608

One more thing :  for VRF to VRF  multicast is a  MUST  to have source VRF  on the SAME leaf where you have receiver (and receivers' VRF).

So if you have subscriber (receiver) on Leaf111 VRF1 and feed server on Leaf222 VRF2 and NO end-points for VRF2 in Leaf111,  there will be no VRF2 in Leaf111, multicast wont work. You need to create fake endpoint on Leaf 111 to spin VRF 2 there. 

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License