cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI can't track ESXi host (UCS-B with VMM)

t.houmaiza
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a test VMM domain setup where I can't ping the gateway from any VM attached to an EPG tied to a VMware VMM domain. Both the vpc leafs pair and the ESXi hosts (UCS-B) can see the FIs via CDP:

Leaf201# show cdp neighbors | begin UCS
UCS-6120-A
                    Eth1/47        135    S I s     N10-S6100     Eth1/1        
UCS-6120-B
                    Eth1/48        138    S I s     N10-S6100     Eth1/1 

Capture.PNG

I noticed that neither the BD or EPG information is getting programmed, please see the show vlan output:

Leaf201# show vlan

VLAN Name                             Status    Ports
---- -------------------------------- --------- -------------------------------
13   infra:default                    active    Eth1/1, Eth1/2, Eth1/3
45   XXX_tenant1:test_app_bd        active    

VLAN Type  Vlan-mode
---- ----- ----------
13   enet  CE     
45   enet  CE     

Remote SPAN VLANs
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The vswitch policy is configured with LLDP off, CDP on and MAC-Pining:

Capture2.PNG

To test that all the vlans are correctly trunked (DVS -- FI -- Leaf) when I change the EPG VMM domain resolution immediacy to Pre-proviosioning I can reach the ACI gateway.

Could you please point what could be missing?

2 Replies 2

micgarc2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When using pre-provision immediacy, policy is downloaded to ACI leaf switch regardless of CDP/LLDP neighborship, even without a hypervisor host connected to the VMM switch. This could be related to ACI not detecting the CDP/LLDP adjacency and not building the loose node relationship correctly and in turn not pulling inventory correctly from the ESXI host in question.  If you go to Fabric -> Inventory -> Unmanaged Fabric Nodes -> Find the FIs -> does the blade switch see the ESXI hosts? 

Ex:

Screen Shot 2018-09-05 at 10.09.59 PM.png

Jayesh Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Can you verify the static port binding for VPC in ESXi Mgmt EPG and check if the deployment immediacy is on-demand or immediate?

If it is on-demand then please change that to Immediate. Then your VM learning should happen without pre-provision. Let me know if that solves the problem.

Thanks,

Jayesh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License