Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI DHCP relay multiple servers configuration

gcombaj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we are moving a VLAN that has two ip helper-addreses configured into ACI and want to keep both addreses.

When we create a DHCP policy and want to add a second DHCP server address to the SAME EPG we get and error

that says something like "there is already a DHCP server binding to this EPG".

We get the same message when we try to add multiple DHCP servers to same L3out.

Do you have any tips how to have multiple DHCP servers on same EPG or L3out?

We are running 4.1.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gkumark
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, as of now multiple DHCP servers behind the same EPG in same Provider policy is not supported. Instead, you can create a second policy for the second server and attach multiple DHCP relay policies under the client BD. 

Hope that helps.

-Ganesh

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

6askorobogatov
Level 1
Level 1

Under DHCP policy (any of it , fabric wide or tenant) you may have more then one provide, they could be any  types as well: EPG / L3Out/L2out/etc

BTW, DHCP relay goes to the Bridge Domain , not the  EPG. 

gkumark
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, as of now multiple DHCP servers behind the same EPG in same Provider policy is not supported. Instead, you can create a second policy for the second server and attach multiple DHCP relay policies under the client BD. 

Hope that helps.

-Ganesh

@gkumark wrote:

Hope that helps.

-Ganesh

Thank you for the tip.

I can confirm it works this way.

Hi Ganesh,

I am using the MSO to push out the config to the APICs.

I have added another DHCP policy as you suggested but it doesn't allow me to attach more than one policy to the BD.

Is this option available only on the APIC?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License