cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI Drop Statistics

mmacdonald70
Level 1
Level 1

One of my clients is complaining about dropped packets and congestion on my ACI network.  I started a troubleshooting session with the source and destination endpoint and I'm seeing a bunch of dropped packets under drop/Stats -> Statistics.  I'm not sure how to read this screen and I can't find documentation on it anywhere.  What I am seeing is:

2017/06/15 19:24:48 - 2017/06/15 19:29:48    topology/pod-1/node-215/sys/phys-[eth1/27]  Ingress Load Balancer Drop Packets  300

I see this about every 5 minutes with the occasional "Ingress Buffer Drop Packets periodic"

To me it looks like one of my uplinks is dropping packets for some reason but I can't figure out why. 

What is the "Load Balancer Drop Packets periodic" mean.  Is there a way to see if my links are actually congested?

2 Replies 2

Jason Williams
Level 1
Level 1

I would not keep focus on the load balancer drops in the troubleshooting & visibility tool as those are reported even with a clean session. 

If there are concerns with congestion on a link, then you check the 'show interface eth1/27' output on node 215 to see the packet/sec and bytes/sec. 

Jason 

jflores4021
Level 1
Level 1

Did you figure out the issue for this?

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License