cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI endpoint classification into multiple EPG's possible ?

jkeane101
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all

I am looking at a migration into an Application Centric design. I have a number of VM's to migrate that have multiple processes exposing multiple IP addresses. 

Example are:

• Servers with multiple websites on different IP addresses
  • Load balancers with multiple Vips

My question is:

Is there a way to have an endpoint with multiple IP addresses and a single MAC address be part of more than 1 EPG ?

Regards

John

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

John. It is possible, we have VMs tagging multiple IPs and been assigned to different EPGs. Leo.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

a12288
Level 3
Level 3

John. I would prefer to have multiple of EPGs assigned based on different IP addresses. Logically it is very clear and still leveraging IP address as End Point Identity. Depends on your web hosting infrastructure and policy, we might consider enable Intra EPG isolation so no 2 EPs on the same EPG can communicate with each other. 

Leo

Leo

Thanks for the reply. I agree with you that having multiple EPG's assigned based on one of the IP address of a single endpoint would be great. Just to confirm are you saying you don't think its  possible ?

John

John.

What we did here is for those appliances or hosts with multiple Interfaces / IPs, we will assign 1 EPG per 1 IP. 

Leo

Leo

Unfortunately the VM I have only has a single Interface but multiple IP addresses. I cant see a way to have that VM in multiple EPG's. Do you think that is possible. 

Regards

John 

John. It is possible, we have VMs tagging multiple IPs and been assigned to different EPGs. Leo.

Leo 

Thanks a lot

Regards

John 

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License