cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI Fabric Discovery

navydivervet
Level 1
Level 1

APIC discovered only one of eight Leaf and Spine Switches. The apics do not have the CIMC  port cabled, and has only one ethernet/oob mgmt port connected. On the CIMC, I've verified lldp disabled and the nic is in dedicated mode. Apics have formed cluster properly and are all fully fit. I've checked lldp bonding, wiped the switches, and tried every possible troubleshooting command imaginable. Switches do see the apics as lldp neighbors, but getting FSM-Failed message.

I'm remote (so somewhat limited), but do have console connectivity. What's the effect on device discovery, of having only one ethernet port, and no CIMC connected?re both the CIMC not being connected? TAC has been silent/absent on assisting with this issue. Would appreciate any helpful advise...

APIC version 14.0.2c

Switch version 12.3 (future version 14.0.2c in apic repository)

3 Replies 3

stcorry
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello! 

No CIMC connected on the other APICs is not the end of the world, although we would recommend having them connected long term, console should be enough for bringing them up, same with Ethernet.

The only thing I can see might be that the difference between APIC version and Switch version may be too great to bring them up and bootstrap them? Are all of the Leaf/Spine switches running the same version of software? 

The APIC is running 4.0(2c)? 14. is not a valid APIC version. Can you put the whole version string from the switch?

Once the First leaf was discovered, did you register it? You won't see any of the spine or leafs discovered until you register the first leaf.

Yes, I did register it. I believe that my issue is Layer 1 related. I'm remote, so I had to look around before identifying it. Having someone verify the Spine uplinks again...

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License