Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI fabric upgrade

bruno.fernandes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I currently have at my lab a minimum ACI pod for testing purpose, this is the HW that I currently have

1 x APIC

1 x Spine

2 x Leaf Nodes

But I do need to make an upgrade to a more recent version, Is it possible to make the upgrade to my "mini" pod using the recommended upgrade steps !!!!!

Normally and by the default the smallest bundle is 3xApic + 2xSpines + 2xLeaf !!!!

Kind regards,

Bruno

2 Replies 2

lmn20176
Level 5
Level 5

If you have 3 and only 1 active, then it wont let you. But if you started out with just one APIC controller for lab. I am sure you can just follow normal procedure. Just watch out for the order...switch first, apic later...depends on version of code might be tricky. But the release note has this cover...just need to read it first.

Tomas de Leon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Bruno,

Always review the Release Notes on www.cisco.com 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/cloud-systems-management/application-policy-infrastructure-controller-apic/tsd-products-support-series-home.html#ReleaseNotes

For the supported upgrade paths..

What is your current versions running in your ACI Fabric?  You can run the "version" CLI command on your APIC and paste results here.

This is a lab but you should still be able the normal methods of upgrading the fabric.  Just understand that there will be some down time since the lack of redundancy.

* Upgrade the APIC first then the switches.

Thanks for using the Cisco Support Community for ACI

Cheers!

T.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License