Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI - Interface configuration deleted but faults still displayed

ju.mahieu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

For testing purposes, a leaf interface has been configured (1/38). Finally, the configuration wasn't necessary and has been deleted.

Unfortunately, a fault regarding the interface stay displayed.

How can I remove it ?

You will find attached screenshot and detailed description about this issue.

Thank you

Ju

13 Replies 13

Marcel Zehnder
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Ju

Looks like there is a static binding configured on this interface. Delete the binding and the fault should disappear.

HTH

Marcel

dpita
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Marcel is correct. That EPG still has a static path to that port. 

Thank You Marcel and Dpita for your answers.

You will find attached an extract from visore about all my static paths.

As you can see, I don't have any binding to the port 1/38 on leaf 103. Only on leaf 101 and 102 for l3-out. Curious thing, on the leaf 101 and 102, it's on the same port id (1/38).

Additionally, in my configuration:

- For the moment I never use 'static binding'.

- Most of the times I'm using 'Physical domain association' to bind an epg to a physical Domain -> Aaep -> Interface Policy Group -> and finally a port block through an Interface Profile. In my current config, the block 1/38 associated to the interface profile/switch profile 103 has been deleted. So I don't know how a binding could persist ?

Any ideas ?

Regards,

Ju

Thanks for the extra info. 

I dont suppose you have an AAEP with a EPG deployed from it? the object would be

infraRsFuncToEpg

its a newer feature where you can deploy an static path or EPG/VLAN from the AAEP level. Based on your fault that might be the case

"node-103/attEntitypathatt-[aep-name-aep]rsstPathAtt"

Yes.

I'm using this new feature to bind the EPG with a vlan encapsulation.

But I don't use it to make static binding to specific physical interface...

Ju

Ill try to recreate the issue. 

In the mean time, please provide the output of the object i mentioned in my last reply

infraRsFuncToEpg

Thanks!

Thank you for your help Dpita.

You will find attached the files.

Ju

Hello

could you please open a case to handle this? i am on shift for the next 30 minutes and would love to see this live in a webex. 

thanks!

I'm currently out of office for a day. Ill open a case friday. Maybe you will be in charge ;-)

Ju

Hi Daniel,

The case is created :

Ju

Thanks for the update. i have read through the case notes. You are in good hands. 

Have a nice day. 

Please make sure to close the loop with this SupportForum thread when the case is resolved!

Hi Daniel,

FYI, finally a bug has been opened by Denis (Tac)

CSCvd38936

Symptom:
F0467 is displayed for interface wich is not configured as part of EPG

Conditions:
Interface was previously associated with EPG via configuration on AEP level

Workaround:
na for the moment

Ju

Below the workaround proposed by the TAC team (Denis Boichenko):

===========================================

"Based on this information, I was able to reproduce the problem in my lab:

1. Step1: We don’t have any access port selector created on interface profile XXX
  2. Step2: Create two access port selectors under interface profile XXX:
  3. access port selector 1-33
  4. Interface: eth 1/33
  5. PolicyGroup: Regularport
  6. access port selector 1-34
  7. Interface: eth 1/34
  8. PolicyGroup: Regularport
  9. Step3: Remove policy group under access port selector “1-34”, so we don’t have any policy group configured at all for this access port selector

After this, the fault occurs on Tenant XXXX, EPG-XX. After we remove access port selector “1-34”,the fault remains present forever

In order to get rid of fault, we need to create the same access port selector “1-34” and assign it to the same policy group. If we need to remove access port selector “1-34”, we need to remove it completely without firstly removing association with policy group"

===========================================

Ju

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License