Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI Leaf Licensing

Puts219
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have been trying to get an answer to my question from TAC but I have to say working with that department has been extremely frustrating, my case has been on-going for two weeks and I can't get a simple answer from them.

This is pretty new topic to me as we have purchased the infrastructure not long ago.
We have 4 of the following switches: N9K-C93180YC-EX
This is for one data center use only.

I'm looking at purchasing the following license: C1E1TN9300XF-3Y

Do I need the same license for each switch? Or is one license going to be good for all 4?
Also there seems to be a cheaper license C1-ACI-N9K-48X and I can't seem to find what the exact difference between these two licenses is, and are both going to make my environment compliment again?

Hope somebody can help me here.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sorry i was not made it clear on the other post, all device (i suppose to give you indication that you need to each device should have that License) if you have N9K X 4 - then you need  C1E1TN9300XF-3Y X 4 to support ACI and NXOS

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I'm looking at purchasing the following license: C1E1TN9300XF-3Y  - As per this concern this has ACI and NXOS for all the devices in single POD deployment.  -3Y means 3 years essential License.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/software/one-data-center-networking-subscription/nb-06-aci-dc-nw-sub-offe-aag-ctp-en.html

BB

Thank you so much for this, looks like I will be able to get away with just that one license, I was afraid we will need 4 of those, as the re-seller Cisco rep suggested. 

Sorry i was not made it clear on the other post, all device (i suppose to give you indication that you need to each device should have that License) if you have N9K X 4 - then you need  C1E1TN9300XF-3Y X 4 to support ACI and NXOS

BB

waleedmatter
Level 1
Level 1

So if i have existing 4 leaf switches and we purchased 4 advanced license and then i converted the leaf switches to the ACI by upgrade the software and discovered by APIC so how the existing nexus can get the advanced license which i purchased it ?? i think it will be through the APIC as it will register on the CSSM and then get the 4 advanced license from the CSSM and provide it to the 4 leaf switches correct ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License