Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI leaf switch upgrade

Hi Team,

We have APIC running version 3.2(1m) and leaf switches with13.2(1m). There are are two leaf switches in our fabric with older version 11.3(2f). Can we upgrade these switches directly  from 11.3(2f) to 13.2(1m).

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, you'd just need to perform the Switch upgrades only.  As per the Upgrade path, if the Minor build isn't listed, you can go to any build in that software train you wish.  I'd suggest just going to the latest.  ie. 2.1(3j)

Robert

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You likely can.  The upgrade support path typically applies to APIC upgrades from a functional/capability enablement perspective.  If you wanted to be cautious (or if this is a production fabric) I'd still recommend following up the recommended path.  https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/Website/datacenter/apicmatrix/index.html#cur=1.3(2)&tar=3.2(1)

Robert

Thanks for quick reply Robert,

As currently our APIC with 3.2(1m), so we just need to upload the recommended leaf/switch image in Apic and upgrade the leaf.

Also there are multiple images with 2.1(3), is there any specific image we should go.

Yes, you'd just need to perform the Switch upgrades only.  As per the Upgrade path, if the Minor build isn't listed, you can go to any build in that software train you wish.  I'd suggest just going to the latest.  ie. 2.1(3j)

Robert

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License