Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI Leafswitch port Endpoint MAC addresses

p.willemsen
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

We will connect Wireless Lan controller to a Leaf switch port.

Question are there limitations regarding MAC addresses on the switchport/ Endpoint(APIC).

Best Regards,

Piet.

3 Replies 3

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @p.willemsen 

Yes, there are limitations on the number of learned endpoints, depending on the hardware models, software versions, deployment models. You can check the scalability guides. Here is the one for version 4.2.6: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/aci/apic/sw/4-x/verified-scalability/Cisco-ACI-Verified-Scalability-Guide-426.html#id_110983

Stay safe,

Sergiu

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

From the APIC UI, navigate to Operations > Capacity Dashboard > Leaf Capacity.  There you'll see all the real-time resource usages against what the leaf and/or fabric support.

mac_capacity.png

Robert

aqrxz
Level 1
Level 1

Correct me if my understandings incorrect. Imagine WLC is only a server that serving services (CAPWAP tunnels) to Access Points.

I believe there will be only CAPWAP traffics running through ACI fabrics and no wireless clients' MAC/IP address would be recorded on ACI's EP Table.

Also have one of the customer running their WLC through ACI and have APs at Campus sites. On EPG which WLC connected to, there was only WLC's EP information learned into the fabric.

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License