Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI Plugin installed successful but not seen in vCenter

gabbyradu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I know that installing ACI Plugin should be an easy and straightforward operation, but I am struggling for a couple of days to figure out why is ACI Plugin being installed successful on vCenter but when I log out and log back in to vCenter I don't see the ACI plugin.

I have APIC 4.0(1h) and vCenter 6.7.0.21000.

I installed ACI Plugin using VMware PowerCLI 6.5 and the APIC as web server for the plugin .zip file URL https://apic.lab/vcplugin/vcenter-plugin-4.0.1000.8.zip.

I checked the event logs in vCenter and I get:

The deployment of plug-in Cisco ACI Fabric 4.0.1000.8 has started

The deployment of plug-in Cisco ACI Fabric 4.0.1000.8 is successful. Log in again to view the interface of the plug-in.

I also checked the Extension manager on https://vcenter.lab/mob/?moid=ExtensionManager and I can see 2 extensions installed:

extensionList["com.cisco.aci.avs.tasks"]
extensionList["com.cisco.aciPlugin"]

I must be doing something wrong or I miss some steps.

I would appreciate if anyone could share a solution for my problem or any suggestion is welcome.

Thank you!

Gabby

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gabbyradu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I came back with clarification. Maybe someone else will find it useful :)

Since it came out, I always use vsphere client HTML5 for vcenter administration.  But it seems that ACI Plugin can be seen and used only if we choose the second option and launch vsphere web client (FLEX).

Hope it helps!

Thx,

Gabby 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jayesh Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Gabby,

The procedure you are following should be fine as it is completing the installation of plugin in VC.

In my experience, this has always been mysterious and I have faced similar issues multiple times with other versions. 

You can try resetting the web service of your Vcenter and relogin to check if that works, it has worked for me couple of times. I have also tried another work around which is actually copying and pasting the content of zip file manually in some internal path in VC server where plugin files are stored.

Let me know if something works out for you.

Regards,

Jayesh

***Rate all helpful posts and mark it as a solution if that answers your query, it may help other users who have the same query***

Hi Jayesh,

Thank you for your tips and tricks :)

1. I rebooted the vCenter and nothing changed.

2. I ssh into the vCenter, took the plugin .zip file and put it into the following path:

root@vcenter [ /etc/vmware/vsphere-client/vc-packages/vsphere-client-serenity/vcenter-plugin-4.0.1000.8 ]# ls -al
total 72532
drwxr-xr-x    3     root                 root            4096 Jan 31 14:08 .
drwxr-xr-x    6     vsphere-client users          4096 Jan 31 13:53 ..
-rw-r--r--    1     root                 root              747 Jan 31 14:08 plugin-package.xml
drwxr-xr-x    2     root                 root             4096 Jan 31 14:08 plugins
-rw-r--r--    1     root                 root     74256244 Jan 31 14:08 vcenter-plugin-4.0.1000.8.zip
root@vcenter [ /etc/vmware/vsphere-client/vc-packages/vsphere-client-serenity/vcenter-plugin-4.0.1000.8 ]# cd plugins
root@vcenter [ /etc/vmware/vsphere-client/vc-packages/vsphere-client-serenity/vcenter-plugin-4.0.1000.8/plugins ]# ls -al
total 75496
drwxr-xr-x    2    root    root            4096 Jan 31 14:08 .
drwxr-xr-x    3    root    root            4096 Jan 31 14:08 ..
-rw-r--r--    1    root    root    52057790 Jan 31 14:08 AciPluginServices-4.0.1000.8.jar
-rw-r--r--    1    root    root    23236535 Jan 31 14:08 aciPlugin-war-4.0.1000.8.war
-rw-r--r--    1    root    root          28863 Jan 31 14:08 vapi-authentication-1.0.0.jar
-rw-r--r--    1    root    root        759875 Jan 31 14:08 vapi-runtime-1.0.0.jar
-rw-r--r--    1    root    root        157749 Jan 31 14:08 vapi-samltoken-1.0.0.jar
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1045009 Jan 31 14:08 vcloudsuite-client-sdk-6.0.0.jar

Unfortunately the second solution did not work also.

Did you do something else with plugin files in vCenter maybe?

Thx,

Gabby

gabbyradu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I came back with clarification. Maybe someone else will find it useful :)

Since it came out, I always use vsphere client HTML5 for vcenter administration.  But it seems that ACI Plugin can be seen and used only if we choose the second option and launch vsphere web client (FLEX).

Hope it helps!

Thx,

Gabby 

That is right Gabby, and hence I had suggested to reset the web service since ACI plugin is a web plugin for VC and has to be accessed through web interface only.

Cheers for the resolution though! ;)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License