Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI-PREPEND LAST-AS

Heinz Kern
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

i am running 4.2(7) and i ma trying to set the ACI AS on a BGP route map (to set as-path-prepend attribute). 

what i am wondeirng is why "PREPEND LAST-AS" does not work. i would have expected that the ACI-AS-number is added to the as-path. but it is not. any idea why

br + thx

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Heinz,
When exporting BGP routes ACI will use the last-as prepend only when it's a route received from another AS. It will not apply the last-as route map action to routes originated by its own AS.  Even if you add an AS in the routes originated by this BGP AS, this command does not apply to that AS.  
Does this sound applicable to your situation?

Robert

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Heinz,
When exporting BGP routes ACI will use the last-as prepend only when it's a route received from another AS. It will not apply the last-as route map action to routes originated by its own AS.  Even if you add an AS in the routes originated by this BGP AS, this command does not apply to that AS.  
Does this sound applicable to your situation?

Robert

thanks for reply. yes it seems this is applicable

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License