cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI shared L3 out connection via tenant Common

tienbuiminh
Level 1
Level 1

For L3 connectivity outside the fabric, I config L3-out in tenant Common, I want to share L3 connection for multi tenants. How to do this.

Please help me!

Thanks.

7 Replies 7

cooperb01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

you might want to take a look at this link:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12465666/creating-default-route-shared-among-multiple-tenants

my understanding is that it is currently not possible to import routes from the common into any other tenant unless the BD is tied to the common tenant.

Ben.

hi cooperb,

Did you resolve this case ? 

Please help us.

Hi

Daniel Pita (Cisco Expert) simulated the same testing in his lab and was not able to share between common and other tenants and I believe he has not been able to resolve this.

Ben

You are correct Ben

At this time, the BD must be in common for the shared L3 out to work. The EPG can be in a tenant but the VRF and the BD must be in common

Many thanks to all of you!

If you have documents for this deployment, please share with us.

Hi Daniel Pita,

Thanks you very much.

And do you know when the version support sharing VRF-L3 to many tenants release ?

My firmware version is 1.0(2j) .

vuth60001
Level 1
Level 1

I have same question.

I follow this step but EPs cannot go outside.

In Tenant Common

1. Configure VRF (Private Network) called "_openstack_shared" under Tenant common.

2. Configure L3 outside called "_openstack_internet" connection under Tenant common and associate it with the VRF "_openstack_shared"

In _openstack_admin Tenant

3. Configure BD called "net1" and subnets under _openstack_admin Tenant. Associate BD "net1" with the VRF "common/_openstack_shared" and L3 outside "common/_openstack_internet"

4. Under each tenant configure EPG and associate EPG with the BD "net1".

5. Config contract between EPGs and L3 out.

In other case, i config EPGs, Bridge domain, VRF, L3-out in the same tenant , it worked.

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License