Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI Simulator: Cannot ping out from Leaf1 to External Network

bmcherndon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have a loaner ACI simulator UCSC-220 box which we have installed the simulator software on, however we are having trouble getting it fully configured and usable.  Each of the 3 APICs have been configured with IP addresses, following the installation guide instructions.  We also have cabled the rear-panel with ports 1, 2, 3, 7, and 8 connected to an upstream switch that connects to our corporate network.  Using the APIC1 UI I added an external routed network connection, using a static route to send packets out the leaf1-1-40 interface to our upstream gateway as next hope, if the packets are destined for our external (i.e. corporate) subnet.  Note that port 40 on leaf1 maps to port 2 on the rear-panel I believe.  The cable on port 2 shows a link-status light of green.

After doing that, I expected to be able to SSH into the leaf1 switch and ping out to a machine on our corporate subnet.  However when I try to do so I get a "Network Unreachable" error.  

Any suggestions as to what we might be doing wrong here?  

Thanks in advance,

Steve

2 Replies 2

Erik Carlsson
Level 1
Level 1

Unless I missunderstod the Simulator, it dont have a dataplane at all. Merly simulations of hardware good enuff for APIC work. 

Aka, you will never be able to ssh/ping/telnet a leafnode within the Simulator. Sim is only for training and devops in APIC/REST.

Leon
Level 1
Level 1

Have you tried configuring a layer 2 domain bridge to extend your corporate network to the Simulator ? I assume that so far you only configured a VLAN and subnets for that VLAN on the simulator ?

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License