cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI Simulator Configuration Management

ataranen
Level 1
Level 1

I've got APIC-SIM-S simulator up and running for customer demo; upgraded to the latest image 1.3(1g). I can't figure out how to save the entire simulator setup/configuration. Every time the box is rebooted, I have to start over again by assigning inband management IP's and discovering the entire fabric. Anyone knows how the configuration can be protected between the reboots or point in the right direction? The simulator documentation is very scarce when it comes to managing the environment.  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Due to the Sim running a virtual fabric with a mininet virtual environment, the configuration is not-persistent.  What most people do is just export/import the configuration as required via export policy, or you can leverage PostMan to resend your config/policies back to the Sim fabric.

Robert

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Due to the Sim running a virtual fabric with a mininet virtual environment, the configuration is not-persistent.  What most people do is just export/import the configuration as required via export policy, or you can leverage PostMan to resend your config/policies back to the Sim fabric.

Robert

When trying to have a SCP server on an OOB network i can't reach it because it is behind a router. When i check the ACI SIM routes it uses the INB routing table. Any other options to export the configuration to a remote location on the OOB interface behind an external router ?

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License