cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

ACI Simulator retain config

hello, 

i´m using ACI simulatior 4.2.4. is there any possibilty to retain the config after reboot? it is boring ot go Always tr

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: ACI Simulator retain config

It's just a simulator thing.

We have tested turning off the whole fabric before going live - none of the configuration policies were lost. And then even if that's the case, you can just reapply an exported configuration snapshot.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Rising star

Hi @Heinz Kern 

The real APIC controllers will not loose the configuration if you reload them (individually, or all at the same time). If this ever happens, it will be a major bug.

Stay safe,

Sergiu

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Collaborator
Collaborator

Hi 

I dont think you can make the config persistent. 

You could export/import config .. use Postman to send the config .. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/aci/apic/sw/kb/b_KB_Using_Import_Export_to_Recover_Config_States.html

Highlighted
Beginner

thnaks for the Reply. for my curiosity, as we are just starting to implement ACI: does the apic in production behave the same way or is this just a "fetaure" of the Simulator?

br + thx

Highlighted

It's just a simulator thing.

We have tested turning off the whole fabric before going live - none of the configuration policies were lost. And then even if that's the case, you can just reapply an exported configuration snapshot.

Highlighted
Rising star

Hi @Heinz Kern 

The real APIC controllers will not loose the configuration if you reload them (individually, or all at the same time). If this ever happens, it will be a major bug.

Stay safe,

Sergiu