Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI Simulator retain config

Heinz Kern
Level 1
Level 1

hello, 

i´m using ACI simulatior 4.2.4. is there any possibilty to retain the config after reboot? it is boring ot go Always tr

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

It's just a simulator thing.

We have tested turning off the whole fabric before going live - none of the configuration policies were lost. And then even if that's the case, you can just reapply an exported configuration snapshot.

View solution in original post

Hi @Heinz Kern 

The real APIC controllers will not loose the configuration if you reload them (individually, or all at the same time). If this ever happens, it will be a major bug.

Stay safe,

Sergiu

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

omz
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi 

I dont think you can make the config persistent. 

You could export/import config .. use Postman to send the config .. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/aci/apic/sw/kb/b_KB_Using_Import_Export_to_Recover_Config_States.html

thnaks for the Reply. for my curiosity, as we are just starting to implement ACI: does the apic in production behave the same way or is this just a "fetaure" of the Simulator?

br + thx

It's just a simulator thing.

We have tested turning off the whole fabric before going live - none of the configuration policies were lost. And then even if that's the case, you can just reapply an exported configuration snapshot.

Hi @Heinz Kern 

The real APIC controllers will not loose the configuration if you reload them (individually, or all at the same time). If this ever happens, it will be a major bug.

Stay safe,

Sergiu

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License