Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI Simulator VM - Unable to finish Installing Simulator Software on VM

Hi all,

we've been using a hardware version of the ACI Simulator for quite some time and really grew fond of it for testing automation solutions we developed for our production fabric. Recently we decided to switch to VM. Our Production-Fabric runs on Firmware 4.2(1j) and we would like to keep the simulator on the same version. Unfortunatly there is only an .iso File provided for installing this version rather than an .ova File.

We tried to workaround this fact by getting the .iso file mounted on our vm and installing it from there. We powered on the vm, tried to install the simulator software via KVM web and remote console . At some point in the installing process one is asked to press any key to continue. Sadly pressing keys did not resume the installing process although those inputs were acknowledged by the machine, the installing process did not continue.

I kindly ask for your help on this topic. Thank you in advance. If you need any further information let me know.

We were following this document trying to install the VM: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/aci/apic/sw/3-x/simulator/install_vm/b_Cisco_ACI_Simulator_VM_Install_Guide.html

2 Replies 2

I guess this thread answers my question. Mea culpa.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/application-centric/aci-simulator-on-vm/m-p/3047976

We will move on to the new recommended Firmware-Version (4.2(4i)) in a couple of weeks and will use the same version for the simulator. Luckily this release has .ova Files for Download.

Hi Christian.  In ACI 4.2 we made the ACI Sim OVA open and publicly available. No more need for fingerprints and keys, etc. The ISO file was a holdover from an earlier method where we sold a physical appliance.  Don't use that one (the .ISO) unless you have it. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: