Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI Stretched Fabric to MultiPOD static path

csco10387876
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon,

As I get ready for our stretched fabric to MultiPod migration, I am wondering what happens to static path on a leaf that is reassigned to another pod while reusing the same leaf id.

I expect one of the following things :

the path get removed

the path stays but gets orphaned with pointing the leaf in it's old pod id

The path while showing the pod, is tied to the port profile/switch id and will follow the leaf in it's new pod.

anyone can confirm the correct behaviour ?

Regards,

2 Replies 2

Joseph Young
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I can't say for sure about the first two options but it is definitely not the 3rd option (static path follows leaf to new pod).

take a look at this doc:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/collateral/data-center-virtualization/application-centric-infrastructure/white-paper-c11-737855.html#_Toc463058889

Specifically look at Figure 48 which talks about what you are trying to do (split existing fabric into pods). The non-seed pod would require a complete reconfiguration including all paths that include those objects.

Thank you Joseph, strangely neither Advanced Services nor our SE mentionned this migration method was not recommended or supported.

I ill try and see if I can export each leaf pair config for static path, L2/L3out, interface profile attached and fex config while I wait for a clear statement from our cisco contacts.

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License