cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI VM Simulator on vSphere 6.7

a.short
Level 1
Level 1

I have migrated from vSphere 5.5 to vSphere 6.7 & now none of my ACI VM simulators are working.

I have gone through the process of getting new tokens, created a dedicated vswitch just for simulators, followed the installation guide (numerous times) to to no avail. I am pretty sure the vswitch is configured correctly, my DHCP server is working, etc.

I can spin up a number of test vm's & successfully test between then & to thew outside world, I can get the APIC controller turned on, it picks up an DHCP address, I can ssh to it to get the VM fingerprint, I can apply the token, which get accepted, the oob port & the management port on the controller are on the same vswitch (the same vlan), I can ping the oob port (DHCP address), I can configure the controller as required & input the management IP address details, wait for it to give me access via vm console, confirm the management IP address is still valid & this is were things just stop.

I can access the controller management address from a vm on the same vswitch, can't ping it from the a vm on the same vswitch (can still ping the oob DHCP address).

I need to find out if this has been an issue with anyone else in the past, any help would be great right now as I have no sims to work or develop against. Physical sim is not an option for me & moving back to vSphere 5.5 is no longer an option either.

2 Replies 2

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm a little confused by your statement:

"I can access the controller management address from a vm on the same vswitch, can't ping it from the a vm on the same vswitch (can still ping the oob DHCP address)."

Can you clarify above?

Also, make sure Promiscuous mode is still enable on the vSwitch the APIC Sims Interfaces are connected to.

Robert

Robert

I have got it working now. 'Promiscuous mode' was already set to Accept , I have not also set 'MAC address Changes' & 'Forged transmits' to Accept & this has fixed my issue.

Only 'Promiscuous mode' is mentioned in the installation document, not the other 2. I am finally up & running again. Let the Development continue......

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License