Views
Helpful
Replies

ACi VMM integration issue

rubberheart
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team , 

we have some issues when we tried to integrate VMM. 

when we push the DVS into vcenter , all looks fine . and we add one ESX host into that DVS. but for some reason , it keep to use lldp (even my interface-polict disabled the lldp and enable the cdp only )

every time I have to ask server guy to change to CDP in ESXi side

not sure why 

thanks

Daniel

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Also try to make the change in Firefox.  Here's the bug I'm suspecting: CSCvc84697.

Robert

View solution in original post

Tried with Firefox, unable to update the vSwitch policies after creating the VMM domain

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Should never have to touch CDP on the host side.  All policies push from APIC, if not you have a problem.

Did you configured a vSwitch policy under the VMM domain to Disable LLDP and Enable CDP?  LLDP defaults to enable, CDP defaults to disabled, so you need specific policies for both defined under the VMM domain.

You might very well have an Interface Policy, but if you want the settings to push to ESX, you need the vSwitch policy. 

Robert

Thanks for such a quick reply.

we tried to modify like that , but the submit button is grey , cannot change that .

:(

There was a known bug with that.  Which version are you running on APIC?

version is 2.1(1i)

Also try to make the change in Firefox.  Here's the bug I'm suspecting: CSCvc84697.

Robert

Tried with Firefox, unable to update the vSwitch policies after creating the VMM domain

You can use the API to change the settings also.  See if that works.

Use postman or similar to push the config change.  This will tell you if its a UI issue or otherwise.

Robert

thanks a lot Robert !! will try that !

Ya ,, it works !

thanks a lot !

Great to hear :)

Here is the screeshoot

rubberheart
Level 1
Level 1

another thing need to mention , we only deployed DVS , not AVS

1. our understanding is when interface-policy defined lldp disable and cdp enable , when deploy the DVS , all policy should stay the same

2. in the wizard of the VMM domain , the Vswitch policy part is only of AVS ? or it is for DVS as well ?

Thanks !

Applies to both.

Robert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License