Kinda frustrated with this case where vPC (and even Direct Port-channel) fails to come up with IBM Power 7 on the other end. E.g.
- LACP vPC (or Port-channel) on ACI with all ports on IBM Power being configured as active adapters, mode 802.3ad
- Static EtherChannel on ACI with all ports on IBM configured as mode Standard
It seems that it's not consistent for all cases. The IBM server team has 6 LPARs, which we agreed to configure LACP bonding (vPC on ACI side) for all of them. Though, eventually we had to re-configure them as either:
- Static EtherChannel for 3 LPARs, with vPC on ACI side
- LACP for 2 LPARs, but with 2 ports connected as Direct Port-channel on ACI side. This LPAR also has a standby adapter which is connected to another leaf in the same vPC context/domain for hot standby purpose.
- Active/Standby 2-port bond for 1 LPAR, with each connected to a different leaf.
Has anyone ever struggled with the same situation before?
Good afternoon Friends, these days I was accessing the DNAC manager and my surprise is that I did not have access, after a basic analysis I observed that the equipment was operational, but without being able to access it via DNA GUI (browser) I also ident...
Today we are going to talk about how to configure backups in the Cisco ACI APIC Dashboard. As you might know APIC is a UCS based CIMC controller and we can check the configuration backups on the Cisco ACI APIC Dashboard. Remember that the HA solution must...
Listen: https://smarturl.it/CCRS9E14 Follow us: https://twitter.com/CiscoChampion
Organizations are undergoing digital transformation like never before. Global spending on digital transformation of business practices, products, and organization...
Recommended for customers on ACI releases 4.2(7r) and above or 5.2(3g) and above. Are you tired of manually gathering ACI logs and tech-support data?To this day, the process of gathering ACI logs and uploading them to your TAC case was cumbersome - y...