Views
Helpful
Replies

acitoolkit GUI

Pradip
Level 1
Level 1

Hi  guys,

i did written small acitoolkit query in python which is commnad based (CLI) , now i would like to know to start with GUI in windows, any body knows, how to write script in GUI .

1 Reply 1

Claudia de Luna
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi @Pradip 

I have had to deploy scripts to Windows users and try to make them easier for colleagues to use.

I've tried turning them into executables and also played with a GUI or front ending them with something like Flask.

For GUIs look at Tkinter, PyQT, or PyGUI (not sure if this is being maintained) These are GUI frameworks for Python.  Full disclosure, I never got far with Tkinter.  These are only three of many that you can look at.  For me it was too much of a time investment.  I'm not a UI person.

These days I'm a big fan of ChatBots.  Everyone has the client or is familiar with Slack or Webex Teams already.  It's already mobile.  If your users can chat with each other, they already know how to chat with a chatbot!  Ready made UI and user adoption!
I know there will be some Chatbot sessions at DevNet Create next week (free) if that is something that interests you.  Its pretty powerful.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License