Views
Helpful
Replies

Add Storage to ACI - Where dose it fit in the topology and How

Qousai Edelbi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to know how Storage fits in ACI. The requirement is I need to connect netapp to leaf switches so we can setup a Vcenter. How can I accomplish that? Also, we are going to have more than one tenant and use the same netapp storage. I am assuming I am creating the physical domain in the common tenant. 

I am not sure how to connect them and how the VMs ( vcenter ) will talk back to the netapp. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gkumark
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Are you after connecting NetApp filer/NAS storage to ACI? If so, it is possible. Refer to Cisco IT white paper for more details here - https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/aci/apic/white_papers/Cisco_IT_ACI_Storage_Deployment.html 

About your access policies such as Physical Domain etc, are actually defined under fabric policies which are accessible from all tenants. You can just create standard application EPG for the NetApp storage in the same tenant as vCenter. Then apply appropriate contract between NetApp EPG and vCenter EPG, you should be good. 

-GK

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

gkumark
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Are you after connecting NetApp filer/NAS storage to ACI? If so, it is possible. Refer to Cisco IT white paper for more details here - https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/aci/apic/white_papers/Cisco_IT_ACI_Storage_Deployment.html 

About your access policies such as Physical Domain etc, are actually defined under fabric policies which are accessible from all tenants. You can just create standard application EPG for the NetApp storage in the same tenant as vCenter. Then apply appropriate contract between NetApp EPG and vCenter EPG, you should be good. 

-GK

Thanks for clarification
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License