cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyone deploy Aci virtual Edge(AVE) in prod yet?

jmattbullen
Level 1
Level 1

I've deployed on our test cluster and it was an easy install with no issues but thats with just a few vms pinging back and forth with some ftp transfers.  Has anyone deployed in production yet?  Any regrets?

2 Replies 2

dcrown
Level 1
Level 1

We're not quite in production with AVE, we just took our lab environment to ave for everything other than AD and vcenter itself. Its a small workload of 70 or so vm's.

So far so good. My only concern is the time it takes for the AVE vm to spin backup up. With that vm in the critical path to bring a host online, I'm concerned that since its minutes until the ave boots up and is able to forward traffic. In a larger scale environment this could add a significant amount of time for patching and maintenance.

Martin.Falberg
Level 1
Level 1

We are running the AVE in production and have done so for about 1 year now.

Latest version is running fine and we have had some issues with the thing noticed bellow with the AVE not forwarding traffic when its not online and then the VMs on the esxi wont work for some minutes. This issue is fixed in later patches and as long as you setup is running the latest code I belive it should work fine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License