Views
Helpful
Replies

APIC Capacity Dashboard

Luke Poskitt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

In writing some scripts to retrieve fabric utilisation data (i.e. the data in the Capacity Dashboard screen) so that we can integrate the same into our monitoring system, I'm trying to figure out from where the upper limit values for BD and EPG on a leaf node are derived.

I can find the Per Leaf Scale maximum values in the Verified Scalability Guide, however is there any way to determine this via the API?

Given that each BD and EPG is represented by a VLAN on a leaf node to which it is deployed/present, is it safe to assume that the upper limit for both a BD and EPG on a leaf node is the same as the equipment VLAN total capacity (eqptcapacity:VlanUsage:totalCapCum)?

Cheers,

-Luke

5 Replies 5

Rick1776
Level 5
Level 5
I would say that is a safe bet, but you also have to take into consideration those values under a tenant as well as the entire fabric. I’m not sure about the API call to see if you can see those vaules. That’s usually just based on the ASIC per switch.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/aci/apic/sw/2-x/verified_scalability/b_Verified_Scalability_2_2_x.pdf

Rick1776
Level 5
Level 5

Thanks Rick, however a quick search of that document shows that none of the API calls appear to return data containing the value 3500, which is shown as the per leaf EPG and BD limit in the dashboard screenshot.

Rick1776
Level 5
Level 5

Rick1776
Level 5
Level 5
I really think the only way you're going to be able to do this is via the API inspector, go to the Dashboard and look at the API call's and then use postman to do a get.

Here is a pretty good link...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNBeTRHwoyM&list=PL55b-raqqiGTTNelc8hjKmsCF1OgHMu33&index=2
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License