Views
Helpful
Replies

APIC CLI command to find all hardware details for all nodes

JanWillem
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

is there a command in the APIC cli to find out all hardware details for all devices in the fabric, serialnumber, fan, psu, SFP's in use etc and the related hostname.

moquery -c fabricNode > is not giving the details i would like.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi @JanWillem ,

You may not like the answer. But the answer to your question:

is there a command in the APIC cli to find out all hardware details for all devices in the fabric, serialnumber, fan, psu, SFP's in use etc and the related hostname.

is "No"

However...

if you continue to find all the classes of object that you require, you could build  a crude query that would give you the information, but to get it ito a format that is useful, you'd really need to write a python program to gather and parse it.

Here's a start

moquery -c fabricNode,eqptFan,eqptPsu | egrep "^dn|serial|operSt" 

Good luck figuring the SFPs though

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

View solution in original post

Hi RedNectar,

thanks a lot!

This will definitely help.

For now i have, and this gives almost everything i need:

moquery -c fabricNode,eqptFt,eqptPsu | egrep "name |^model|^ser*|^dn|^fanName|^id"

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

nileshgore25
Level 1
Level 1

class ethpmFcot will give interface related details including partid, serial number, type, state, etc.

Hi nileshgore25, 

thank you for your reply but this gives not the information i need.

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi @JanWillem ,

You may not like the answer. But the answer to your question:

is "No"

However...

if you continue to find all the classes of object that you require, you could build  a crude query that would give you the information, but to get it ito a format that is useful, you'd really need to write a python program to gather and parse it.

Here's a start

moquery -c fabricNode,eqptFan,eqptPsu | egrep "^dn|serial|operSt" 

Good luck figuring the SFPs though

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Hi RedNectar,

thanks a lot!

This will definitely help.

For now i have, and this gives almost everything i need:

moquery -c fabricNode,eqptFt,eqptPsu | egrep "name |^model|^ser*|^dn|^fanName|^id"

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License