Views
Helpful
Replies

APIC IP OOB-Management disappear on Node Management Addresses List

am.
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I just finished the initial setup for new ACI.

Config the new OOB-Magement IP address for 3 APICs

But when open the "Node Management Addresses", the IP Address for APIC isn't there.

However, when I open the APIC 1-3 configuration under the System>Controller, each APIC has its OOB-Management IP and I can access the IP.

Is this normal?

6 Replies 6

stcorry
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is normal, You have to add policies for Nodes 1, 2, and 3 manually to the mgmt tenant. You can also change the addresses by adding a policy with a different IP address. 

Hi stcorry,

Thanks for the answer.

But i have another questions, when i open Out-of-Band EPG - default under "Node Management EPGs"

Configuration Issues: Not Associated With

Management Zone

Configuration State: failed-to-apply

and the faults logg

Fault F0523: "Configuration failed for EPG default due to Not Associated With Management Zone" is raised.

What does all that means?

Hi @stcorry ,

This (Fault 0523) is a bug thta has been around forever, (https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCut58022/?rfs=iqvred) proported to be fixed in version 3 (https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuz59329/?rfs=iqvred) but it would seem is still hanging around.

Don't loose sleep over it.

I hope this helps

Don't forget to mark answers as correct if it solves your problem. This helps others find the correct answer if they search for the same problem

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the answer.

By the way, the software we use is version 2.0(1n)

What I understand from your answer is, to solve the Fault 0523 problem is to upgrade the ACI software to version 3.x? right?

In "Out-of-Band EPG"

Configuration Issues: Not Associated With Management Zone

Configuration State: failed-to-apply

What does it mean?

According to the Bug report it should go away in v3.0: I don't have a system at my disposal at the moment, but I believe it has gone away with later version (i.e. 3.x)

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

FYI
I don't have this problem on 4.0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License