cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

APIC. Is there any way to figure out flapping interfaces in the fabrci.

atcapaev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Experts.

Could you help me on the following? I have to find flapping interfaces in the fabric.

Theoritically I can do it in ugly way which is run a script which will execure show interface on each node of the fabric and then run a condition if last link flap <= 5 mins then it's problematic interface.

However, I believe there is much more elegant way to find such interfaces using moquery.

Could anybody tell me if he/she had to use it before?

Any suggestion will be highly appriciated.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Remi Astruc
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

You can use the following moquery by adapting the timestamp field:

moquery -c eventRecord -f 'event.Record.cause=="port-down" and event.Record.created>"2019-06-11T08:40:00"' | grep affected | sort

The "<=5min" might be difficult to implement in a single moquery but instead should be integrated in a script to automatically generate the timestamp "current time minus 5 minutes" and fill the moquery field.

Remi Astruc

View solution in original post

Hello,

Yes, it will cover even sub-second cuts.

An event is similar to a log entry. It can notify about issues but also informational things.

A Fault represents a faulty status of an object at a given time, and can influence Health Scores. A Fault has a notion of lifecycle and its status evolves in time.

Remi Astruc

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Remi Astruc
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

You can use the following moquery by adapting the timestamp field:

moquery -c eventRecord -f 'event.Record.cause=="port-down" and event.Record.created>"2019-06-11T08:40:00"' | grep affected | sort

The "<=5min" might be difficult to implement in a single moquery but instead should be integrated in a script to automatically generate the timestamp "current time minus 5 minutes" and fill the moquery field.

Remi Astruc

Hello Remi,

Thank you very much!
Could you tell me please if the link flapped say for a second, will such thing be accounted as event?

Could you tell me please what could be the difference berween an event and fault.

Hello,

Yes, it will cover even sub-second cuts.

An event is similar to a log entry. It can notify about issues but also informational things.

A Fault represents a faulty status of an object at a given time, and can influence Health Scores. A Fault has a notion of lifecycle and its status evolves in time.

Remi Astruc

Thank you very muxh Remi!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License