Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

APIC, LEAF, and SPINE SSH Timeouts and Logon Attempts

Is there any way to set the SSH timeouts for the APIC, LEAF, and SPINE devices? I can't seem to find the commands in the GUI or the CLI...

Also, the default logon attempt max is set to 5 is there any way to configure max logon attempts to 3?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Confirmed that "GUI idle timeout" affects SSH on both APIC & Switches.

Robert

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Login attempts & GUI timeouts are managed under Security Management:  Admin > AAA > Security Management

Robert

GUI timeouts are managed there, and I have already set them. I am looking to configure SSH timeouts and logon attempts.

Also, there is no setting under security management for login attempts (at least not that I can see).

Thanks.

Apologies was looking at a different value.  I don't believe those two options are currently configurable (SSH timeout & login attempts).  Let me confirm with Eng and get back to you if this is possible or on the roadmap.

Robert

Thanks! I'd still like to know if they are currently configurable or not (that would help). Or if it is on the current road map.

Hi Robert - did you find any additional info? such as default value and if there is a roadmap?

Confirmed that "GUI idle timeout" affects SSH on both APIC & Switches.

Robert

Best trick I learned today, thank you Robert! Didn't know how to set the SSH timeout until today...

Peter

Thanks Robert!  I was able to bump up my webtoken timeout as a workaround for hitting Bug CSCux04425.  I will change the webtoken timeout back to default 600 (10 minutes) after finishing my upgrade.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License