cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

APIC upgrade 2.2.3 to 3.1

jorgensor
Level 1
Level 1

When we upgraded APIC controller from 2.2.3 to 3.1 the process stopped after APIC 01 was finished. To proceed we had to download the .iso image to APIC 02 and 03 respectively and then restart the process.  Anybody that have seen this? Why?

/Jorgen

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manuel Velasco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jorgen,

it sounds like the iso images didn’t sync correctly, I would suggest that you open a TAC case to see if there is any information in the installer logs for this issue.

Next time you can ssh to each APIC and cd to /firmware/fwrepos/fwrepo to check if the image you downloaded was added two all 3 APICs.

the /firmware directory also has the installer.log file that could give an idea of what was the problem for this issue.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Manuel Velasco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jorgen,

it sounds like the iso images didn’t sync correctly, I would suggest that you open a TAC case to see if there is any information in the installer logs for this issue.

Next time you can ssh to each APIC and cd to /firmware/fwrepos/fwrepo to check if the image you downloaded was added two all 3 APICs.

the /firmware directory also has the installer.log file that could give an idea of what was the problem for this issue.

Thanks!

I recently upgraded my 3 APIC controllers from 3.0.2 to 3.1.2o

everything seems to go fine but after restart all controllers lost oob subnetmask and gateway, so i lost all connectivity to the controllers.

I have managed to access them on the in band IP and verify that they are running and status on all is Fully-fit.

Have anyone seen this before, and how can i config these information back to the controllers ??

wes_ward
Level 1
Level 1

I had a similar problem and TAC told me it was because I used the http file transfer via the gui instead of using SCP.  They instructed me to only copy the image to the APIC using SCP.  FWREPO showed it did not copy to the other 2 APICs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License