Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

APIC upgrade from 3.x to 4.x

Hello,

Can i perform an upgrade for the APICs alone from version 3.c to 4.x without upgrading the spines and leafs?

Also does it require down time to be considered?

Thx all 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

When you upgrade you will move the APICs up to the new release before the spines and leaves. It is supported to make some changes when the APICs are on a different release to the switches but I would recommend you do not operate the fabric for long in this state. The intent is to upgrade the APICs and then upgrade the switches so the fabric is all the same release at the end of the upgrade process.

There should be no downtime when you upgrade the APICs. They take care of performing the upgrade one at a time for you.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Thx for the reply.

I am wondering if i can upgrade the APICs only to version 4.x without upgrading the spines and leafs?

yes that is possible. check the release notes and compatability before upgrading. for Spine and leaf support.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

When you upgrade you will move the APICs up to the new release before the spines and leaves. It is supported to make some changes when the APICs are on a different release to the switches but I would recommend you do not operate the fabric for long in this state. The intent is to upgrade the APICs and then upgrade the switches so the fabric is all the same release at the end of the upgrade process.

There should be no downtime when you upgrade the APICs. They take care of performing the upgrade one at a time for you.

Thank you all

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License