cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

APIC3 unavailable/Unknown

nileshgore25
Level 1
Level 1

APIC3 is unavailable/unknown since last night (total only 3 APICs in the cluster)

No changes were made, so no question of mismatch version, chassis ID, etc

Interfaces from ACI LEAF switches connecting to APIC3 are showing up but are "out-of-service"

Eth1/3 0 eth trunk up out-of-service 10G(D) --

not able to ping the APIC IP from the connected LEAF switch

I am thinking on reboot of the APIC3 followed by Decommission/commission if reboot does not helps

Please provide suggestions what will be the best approach to fix this ?

Regards

Nilesh

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jayesh Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nilesh,

For actual resolution and RCA you should be engaging Cisco TAC for this kind of issue if it is a production setup. However, I would have verified a couple of things had I run into such situation, you can try and see if it helps:

1. Try bouncing the leaf interface where APIC3 is connected, and see if there is any change in the status.

2. 'acidiag avread' command output from functioning APIC to verify the detailed information of APIC 3.

3. 'show controller detail' command output from functioning APIC to verify the detailed information of APIC 3.

4. Check if there is any particular fault in the functional APIC corresponding to APIC3.

5. Do you have redundant links from APIC to leaf switches? If not then you can try connecting 2nd fabric port on APIC3 to the leaf switch.

Regards,

Jayesh

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jayesh Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nilesh,

For actual resolution and RCA you should be engaging Cisco TAC for this kind of issue if it is a production setup. However, I would have verified a couple of things had I run into such situation, you can try and see if it helps:

1. Try bouncing the leaf interface where APIC3 is connected, and see if there is any change in the status.

2. 'acidiag avread' command output from functioning APIC to verify the detailed information of APIC 3.

3. 'show controller detail' command output from functioning APIC to verify the detailed information of APIC 3.

4. Check if there is any particular fault in the functional APIC corresponding to APIC3.

5. Do you have redundant links from APIC to leaf switches? If not then you can try connecting 2nd fabric port on APIC3 to the leaf switch.

Regards,

Jayesh

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License