Views
Helpful
Replies

(ASK ACI Multipod) Configure connection between IPN using Interface vlan

williammanurung
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I just want to know, is it possible to configure connection between IPN using SVI then configure OSPF between them?

As I know, the best practice to deploy connection between IPN is using L3 routed interface.

Please attach the document if any.

Manurung

5 Replies 5

Hi @balaji.bandi 

Yes, i have been read that.

But, there is no explaination about SVI between IPN.

William

Hi William,

It's never mentioned because SVI 4 has never been supported. VLAN 4 subinterfaces are required on the IPN devices for connecting to the Spine switches.

Cisco explained it in their Multi-Pod configuration White Paper found here: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/collateral/data-center-virtualization/application-centric-infrastructure/white-paper-c11-739714.html (search for the key phrases "Configure the IPN Interfaces" within the doc)

Tuan

Hi @tuanquangnguyen 

how about I configure SVI vlan 10 between IPN?  I asked for configuration between two IPN, not IPN to Spine.
I think It's works, I just need a document about that.

William

Hi @williammanurung,

My apologies, I might have misinterpreted your question. If you're asking for connection between IPN devices (and not the IPN-Spine part), then any types of connection should do (as long as they support the requirements of multi-pod IPN, stated within the White Paper). I think it should already be mentioned.mpod.png

Sincerely,

Tuan

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License