Views
Helpful
Replies

(ASK) ACI Service graph PBR Backup Configuration

williammanurung
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want configure service graph PBR in ACI Multipod, first firewall ASA I deploy in POD-1 and second one I deploy in POD-2.

My goal is all traffic should be redirect to firewall ASA in POD-1 as primary, if this ASA down, traffic will be redirect to second ASA in POD-2.

I already know, how to configure PBR to one device only.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @williammanurung 

One of the most common options is the deployment of an active-standby service node (FW) pair in different pods: the active firewall node is in Pod1 and the standby node is in Pod2. In this case, all the traffic for communication with the external network (north-south) or between internal endpoints (east-west) must be hair-pinned to the pod in which the active service node is located.

Reference:  https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/collateral/data-center-virtualization/application-centric-infrastructure/white-paper-c11-739571.html#Activestandbyfirewallspairstretchedacrosspods

Stay safe,

Sergiu

Hi  @Sergiu.Daniluk 

Thanks for reply.
In my design i will deploy independent active-standby firewalls pair in each pod, then will integrate using service graph.
Because my goal is some traffic will be direct to Firewall in POD 1, but another traffic will be direct to Firewall in POD 2.
Do you have idea to achieve that?

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License