Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BD Multicast address pool using Multi-Site

Hello guys.

I would like to know if when creating the fabrics on a Multi-Site environment, is it possible to use the same BD Multicast pool on both sides or should it be different?
Planning on using the same 225.0.0.0/15 range on both sides.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi @Fernando Hernández ,

when creating the fabrics on a Multi-Site environment, is it possible to use the same BD Multicast pool on both sides or should it be different?

Yes it is. I have done it.  When multicasts go from one site to the other they end up at the O-MTEP (Overlay-Multicast Tunnel End Point) of the other site and placed on the appropriate Multicast Tree for that site.

I hope this helps.

Don't forget to mark answers as correct if it solves your problem. This helps others find the correct answer if they search for the same problem.

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi @Fernando Hernández ,

when creating the fabrics on a Multi-Site environment, is it possible to use the same BD Multicast pool on both sides or should it be different?

Yes it is. I have done it.  When multicasts go from one site to the other they end up at the O-MTEP (Overlay-Multicast Tunnel End Point) of the other site and placed on the appropriate Multicast Tree for that site.

I hope this helps.

Don't forget to mark answers as correct if it solves your problem. This helps others find the correct answer if they search for the same problem.

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Nice.
We did it on a lab environment, but wanted to be sure cause now we are going to do it on a real productive environment.

Thanks for the help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License