Views
Helpful
Replies

BFD Support between Spine and IPN - Mpod

khashmi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would to clarify if BFD is supported between the Spine and IPN devices for a MPOD setup.

Running version 3.0.1(k).

I have added the configuration to the spines and the configuration appears to be accepted, hoewver i do not see the BFD sessions appear between the spine and the IPN.

Appreciate any confirmation on this 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jason Williams
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Khashmi, 

BFD for multipod spine <> IPN connectivity is currently unsupported, even in the latest code. 

-JW

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jason Williams
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Khashmi, 

BFD for multipod spine <> IPN connectivity is currently unsupported, even in the latest code. 

-JW

Thanks for the confirmation - it was very strange as the configuration for BFD was accepted on the spine.

Yes, the ACI object model may still includes BFD for all L3 out configurations (including spine L3 out for infra tenant) which explains why it might work; however, this is something the developers and QA team have identified as not being support as of yet. It is possible to see this added as a supported feature in future code. I would recommend checking the new software features section in the both APIC and switch release notes as future releases become available. 

-JW

Jason,

Would you be able to confirm that BFD is not supported for OSPF and the MP-BGP? Also, is there a preferred method for fine tuning convergence for the Interpod connectivity?

Beau

Just as a follow up, it looks like BFD support on the Spines was added in 3.1(1i), which was released a couple weeks ago.

Can anybody confirm that BFD actually works in this new firmware release - 3.1(1i). I have tried with IPN nodes N93180-YC-FX on NXOS: version 7.0(3)I7(1). Still no luck.

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License