Views
Helpful
Replies

BUG invalid-path : interface does not exist

JustANoob
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

on a EPG i have removed the static port, deleted the association on Interface profile between port and IPG and also deleted IPG not used anymore.

When i delete the association on Interface Profile i get the error "invalid-path : interface does not exist" even if i have removed the static port, as soon as i add the association on IP the fault disappears on EPG.

What can i check ?
I have checked static port configuration and there is nothing of wrong.

APIC software : 4.2(6h)

Thank you.

4 Replies 4

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Sorry conflicting statements:

i have removed the [...] association on Interface profile between port and IPG
When i delete the association on Interface Profile i get the error "invalid-path : interface does not exist"

so...

when you removed the association - did you not do that by deleting the association on the Interface Selector of the Interface Profile?

I suspect that it may be a GUI cache problem. Take a look in a different browser or in a new Private/Incognito tab.

However, you then go on to say "even if i have removed the static port, as soon as i add the association on IP the fault disappears on EPG."

So I've exhausted my mental capacity to picture your problem.

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

1)Removed static port

2)Removed association on Interface Profile between port and IPG

3)Removed IPG

The fault "Invalid-path" appears on EPG.
1)Created IPG again and the fault is still there

2)Associated port to IPG on IP and the fault disappears

3)Removed association between port and IPG on IP and fault appears again

Any chance you've associated the EPG to the AEP directly?

Also, can you drop a screenshot of the exact fault (showing the expanded details).

Robert

@JustANoob ,

OK. Let's get back to basics.

Invalid Path on the EPG always means an Access Policy Chain Problem.  In fact, when you read the message with Invalid Path - it tells you.

debug message: invalid-path: Either the EpG/L3Out is not associated with a domain or the domain does not have this interface assigned to it;

So. The first thing you check is whether the EPG has the Domain linked to it. Like the message says

you.

Either the EpG/L3Out is not associated with a domain ...

Assuming you've checked that the EPG is linked to a (Physical) Domain, the next place to check is to see what interfaces that Domain (along with any VMM Domains) is linked to - and to do that, navigate to the EPG in the navigation pane, and in the Work pane, select Operational > Configured Access Policies

1. IF the interfaces you want to see this EPG to exist on appear in that list, then all should be sweet.
  2. IF an interface appears in the list that you don't want you have to figure out WHY it is in the list. I suspect this is where you are coming from

SO - assuming this is the case, check the three places an interface can be associated with an EPG

1. EPG > Static Ports (I think you did this one)
  2. EPG > Static Leafs (OMG - WHY do people INSIST on writing leafs instead of leaves? Lazy programmers is the answer)
    • TIP: NEVER use Static Leaf associations if you want to sleep well at night.
  3. Fabric > Access Policies >> Policies > Global > Attachable Access Entity Profiles > Your_AAEP_as_found_in_b_above 
    • From here, check to see if the EPG in question appears in the Application EPGs list (as per @Robert Burns suggestion)
    • If multiple AAEPs are seen in step b above, repeat for each AAEP

My hunch is 2 above. If you've done as you described, 3 should not cause an error.

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License