cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can we do changes on any APIC controller ?

Hi Experts , 

We have 3 APIC controller in our infra . I am not sure which one is master .

Is there a Master APIC and backup APIC concept ?

How do I check which APIC is Master controller ?

Can we do changes on Any controller ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Like @brlehigh said, changes are pushed just as soon as you click submit so something to think about.  There is no "save" or "commit".  If you are making big changes, its always a good idea to do a quick snapshot of the fabric so you could quick roll back to it if you needed to.

snapshot_aci2022-06-02_09-19-04.jpg

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Claudia de Luna
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi @Network_Sarovani,

There is no "master" per se.  They all split the workloads (the "shards" of data) and they all synchronize is the simplest way to think of it.  If your cluster is all up and fully fit, you can make your changes on any one.  By convention I always wind up hitting whichever one I named "APIC1" but thats a convention not a functional requirement.

@Claudia de Luna Thank you ..So after we do a change do we need to save and commit ..Or whatever changes we do will be saved automatically ?

brlehigh
Level 1
Level 1

You can make changes on any of the APICs.  There isn't a "master".  

OK Thank you ..So after we do a change do we need to save and commit ..Or whatever changes we do will be saved automatically ?

Changes are saved automatically.

Like @brlehigh said, changes are pushed just as soon as you click submit so something to think about.  There is no "save" or "commit".  If you are making big changes, its always a good idea to do a quick snapshot of the fabric so you could quick roll back to it if you needed to.

snapshot_aci2022-06-02_09-19-04.jpg

@Claudia de Luna 

How did you get the DARK THEME for APIC??????  I NEEEEEED IT!!!!

Shut-Up-And-Take-My-Money-Fry.jpg

Thx,

Sergiu

LOL!!  You crack me up @Sergiu.Daniluk !  Safari with Dark Reader!

Nice! I will give it a try. I thought (hoped) that it's a feature in one of the newest versions. Well.. maybe one day will happen

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License