Views
Helpful
Replies

change CIMC IP without rebooting or console

IT-ina
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

Is there a way to change cimc ip through the apic shell or the cisco gui?

The only way I've seen is with a direct console access on the data center during a reboot.

Thanks a lot

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There's no way without direct access to the IMC IP (or rebooting the device via console).  The IMC is completely independent from the underlying OS which is why you can't reach it from the OS.

APICs are not in the data path, so it should be non-disruptive if you need to quickly reboot it, enter the IMC (F8 during boot) and update the IP.  If you have a cluster of controllers (3+) then its even less of a concern.

Robert

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

you can change IP in CIMC web gui. below is old console output.

ip11.jpg

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

I can't reach the gui because ... I need to change the ip

That's why I ask for changing the ip thrgouh the apic shell

There's no way without direct access to the IMC IP (or rebooting the device via console).  The IMC is completely independent from the underlying OS which is why you can't reach it from the OS.

APICs are not in the data path, so it should be non-disruptive if you need to quickly reboot it, enter the IMC (F8 during boot) and update the IP.  If you have a cluster of controllers (3+) then its even less of a concern.

Robert

Thanks for the answer.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If I remembered correctly, changing the IP address of the CIMC will only reboot the CIMC card.

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License