Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing ongoing ACI Smart Licensing method from Direct to Proxy

tuanquangnguyen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi community,

Recently I registered Smart License for an ACI fabric as I was finalising my project, using the Direct Connection to CSSM method. However, after being successfully registered, my client also started rolling out a web, HTTP/HTTPS proxy (Cisco WSA). As per their new company's policy & compliance, now everything that needs Internet access must try going through the proxy first.

Is it possible for me to re-register Smart License for the ACI fabric by changing the method from Direct to Proxy? I suppose it would be done by the Reregister button (under System > Smart License), but would want to ask for opinion on this matter first. Will it affect the current, ongoing Smart License?

Thanks in advance,

Tuan

P.S. ACI fabric version is 3.2(4e)

2 Replies 2

Claudia de Luna
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi @tuanquangnguyen,

Have you tried Re-registering it?

See the attached image.

Hi Claudia,

Sorry for the belated response.

I did have to de-register, as the APIC prompted me to do so while trying to change the registration method. However, apparently something's up with the proxy device as we re-register the license. We managed to capture traffic going from the APIC to the proxy but none from the proxy to the CSSM - probably due to misconfiguration from that side.

We just switched back to Direct Connection with CSSM and all's good.

Thanks for your reply.

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License