Views
Helpful
Replies

CIMC default password issue

compterds
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I'm currently trying to set up my CIMC on APIC SERVER M2 and there is something "weird" while entering in CIMC utility.

According to cisco documentation and several example on youtube, when we press F8 to enter in CIMC utility configuration, there is a window where we have to enter the default password. 

What we've tried as example : 

password

Password

Cisco

cisco

Cisco1234

Cisco123

Cisco12345

and aswell the password of our admin account on this apic..

After 3 try, we have to reboot the apic in order to try again and again...

It is very critical for us because of a TAC opened at cisco which requested this CIMC port configuration (TAC about Upgrade/downgrade on apic)

I've found the same issue on this forum (password  wrong for cimc utility)

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/13134726/cimc-password-doesnt-match

Have a nice day ! 

Yoann

3 Replies 3

aleccham
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Yoann,

If you did go through the password recovery via the CIMC GUI, and it did not work for you. Then we could attempt one last thing. Which would be to reset the CIMC configuration via a Jumper on the motherboard.

Please find the attached link, for the proceedure on how to reset the CIMC bios via the Motherboard jumper.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/c/hw/C220/install/C220/install.html#40066

Regards,

Hello,

I resolved this issue.

I just set up an HTTP server on my computer, then plugged RJ45 cable into APIC, wait for seconds and then my CIMC got an address from the server (my computer)

Then I just used GUI with the IP address, login with default password (password) and then change this password.

After that, I just rebooted the apic and press F8 and the password prompt has disappeared. 

Yoann

srachapa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Test

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License