Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Views
Helpful
Replies
ChrisMac70330
Beginner

Cisco ACI and Microsoft SET(Switch Embedded Teaming)

"Microsoft introduced in Windows Server 2012 was NIC teaming. This feature allowed multiple physical network interface cards, or NICs, to be bound together into a single logical NIC. Even though NIC teaming wasn't a Hyper-V feature per se, it worked really well with Hyper-V."

Has anyone used this with ACI integration? I was not able to find any

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The solution found was having independent + normal access port, currently I have trunk + independent mode which works for some hyper V hosts(not getting any fault of duplicate IP/MAC), but not for others(different hardware and drivers), so I would not consider it a solution.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jbelcheritswv
Beginner

There are a handful of bare metal servers running Server 2016 with dynamic NIC teaming that I recently installed.  It has resulted in persistent "Duplicate IP found" faults in ACI (version 4.2) due to the fact that the ports are set up as standalone/direct ports absent a port channel and the NIC teaming mode is dynamic on the servers.  I did see suggestions to have the servers running the NICs in Hyper-V mode to clean up the somewhat benign faults but no action has been taken yet.  If hyper-v is not enabled, expect faults but having an option to test NIC hyper-v on a new server would be nice prior to having it changed on production servers in a maintenance window.  

The solution found was having independent + normal access port, currently I have trunk + independent mode which works for some hyper V hosts(not getting any fault of duplicate IP/MAC), but not for others(different hardware and drivers), so I would not consider it a solution.

View solution in original post

That is good to know. We are looking at it for bare metal servers that are untagged access ports which means hyper-V settings could be a solution in my case. Although, the duplicate faults are more of an eyesore than anything and the servers are critical for the business so I may just leave it alone.

Content for Community-Ad