Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ACI and multiple vCenters implementation

TomShares
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have 3 tenants and going to have more, at the moment have only 1 vCenter but a plan is to have a vCenter to manage each tenant. There are few reasons, some apps are not supported by newer vCenter, would like to have a lab where i could test new improvements or policies before i push it to the production. What would be the best way to implement it? or simply i just trying to do more complicated thing than it should be. Any thoughts ?

Thanks

Tom

2 Replies 2

Claudia de Luna
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi @TomShares 

Multiple vCenters on a fabric is not uncommon.  So your plan should be completely doable.

You can define multiple vCenters and VMM domains for the fabric.

Remember that what the VMM domain is actually doing is instantiating a vDS on a vCenter that ACI manages (the vDS).  You VMM will be associated with a Vlan Pool and vCenter and you associate your VMM domain to an EPG to configure a port group for that EPG on you vCenter.  Make sure you keep your Pools and Domains clearly named and associated to the right EPG (and Tenant) and you should be in business!

Hi, Claudia.

I have 1 VMM Domain with 1 vCenter Controller (Customer A) in ACI 4.2(2f), accordingly, I have 1 vCenter with 1 Data Center in VMware 6.5.

Can I :

Under the same VMM Domain, add additional vCenter Controller (Customer B) but point to the same vCenter host (aka I only have 1 vCenter), 

The purpose of doing this is to have a second Datacenter in VMware under the same vCenter.

Looking forward to hearing your comments. Thanks.

Leo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License