Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ACI configure BGP soft-reconfiguration inbound

Shahin901
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

is there a way to configure soft-reconfiguration inbound on Cisco ACI switches to check the received routes from BGP neighbours. 

regards,

Shahin

7 Replies 7

micgarc2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As of today, I do not think this is supported. ACI uses route refresh to update routes dynamically.  This has been requested by customers before and I believe this may be on the roadmap but can't say for sure.

Thank you for participating in the Cisco Support Forum for ACI! If you have other questions related to this post, please let us know. If this response answers your questions, please mark this post "answered" and assign a rating to the response(s) provided. This will help notify other viewers that your question(s) is answered and this helps us provide better responses for this and future questions.

Regards,
Michael G.

Where can we make an official feature request for this to increase visibility?

Do we know if this feature is available in new releases.

Not that I know of. This feature is somewhat deprecated with the introduction of Route Refresh capability. No need to use extra memory to store the routing information from the peer.

Thank you so much for your reply. I think This was a post long time ago
somewhere 1.6 version But good to know that this has been added after
couple of years.

Hello -

I do not see "soft-reconfiguration inbound" in the 4.2(x) link you provided.

I see the ability to do a "soft" clear on the neighbor, but not a "soft-reconfiguration inbound" so that you can use the "received-routes" command.

Example: show bgp vrf <vrf> ip unicast neighbors <neighbor-ip> received-routes

% Inbound soft reconfiguration for IPv4 Unicast not enabled on <neighbor-ip>

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License