Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ACI IPN configuration

FanusBuckle
Level 1
Level 1

i have 4 ipn nodes.

i need to setup one primary and one secondary.

currently the ospf cost is 10

do i need to change this so that one is primary and one is secondary

2 Replies 2

joezersk
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello.  I am not sure I have the full picture here.  Are you saying that you have two links between the IPN devices (I assume a pair of IPN devices in each pod) and you only want traffic to flow over one of them, and if it fails, use the other link?  Ideally, you would have both links active, and either create a full-mesh between your IPN devices, or make an extra link(s) between local IPN routers and change the OSPF costs to ensure that the path to your PIM BiDir RP does NOT go through the spines.  The spines don't speak PIM and will drop any packets (bad news and breaks your MPOD setup).  It should look like one of these two pictures.

Screenshot 2019-12-05 at 14.35.27.png

You also definitely want to read the design guide here because beyond possibly adjusting OSPF metrics,  you will also likely want to use the 'Phantom RP' approach too. 

Check it here:  http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/collateral/data-center-virtualization/application-centric-infrastructure/white-paper-c11-737855.html

Hope that helps!

ralphcarter
Level 1
Level 1

This may be helpful.

IPN.JPG

CCIE 26175
www.techsnips.com
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License